Appointments Available 7 days/week
Call/Text: (619) 787-6676 or Email: PEP@PEPSanDiego.com
DBT IOP - Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Outpatient Program
- Are you unable to do your daily activities?
- Unable to go to work or school?
- Too depressed to get out of bed?
- Too anxious to go out?
- Using substances or alcohol to self medicate to get through the day?
- Did you just get released from the psychiatric hospital?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you would likely benefit from DBT Intensive Outpatient Program. PEP offers this IOP in addition to our traditional DBT Outpatient program, ie one individual session and one skills training group per week.
DBT IOP is an accelerated program of 8 weeks at 9 or more hours per week. Unlike a residential program, you’re able to stay at home and practice the skills you learn with your family while also getting intensive support around your daily life while in the program. DBT IOP at PEP allows you to learn ways to regulate your emotions, improve communication skills, increase your ability to tolerate a crisis and to tolerate your daily life. It also allows you to utilize your individual DBT therapist for 24 hour phone coaching.
DBT IOP has 2 separate tracks - Teens 13-17 years old and Adults 18+ years old
PEP’s DBT IOP consists of:
- 6 hours of DBT skills training per week
- 2 hours of individual DBT therapy per week
- 1 hour of mindfulness per week
Teens 13-17 years old will also receive:
- 1 Family session per week
- 1 Parent Skills Training session per week
Adults 18+ years old may opt to receive:
- 1 Family therapy session or Couples Therapy session (if indicated) per week
Modified versions of DBT IOP are also available upon request.